Sunday, December 23, 2012

Questions: The Cat and the Tie

Recently, I asked people on my Facebook page what questions they might have about their dogs or cats.  So many people have simple questions, but they don't know who to ask.  I will attempt to answer those questions here.  The first question is:

Why does my cat insist upon wearing my favorite tie?

Well, I have a question for you.  Why are you tying ties on your cat? 

OK, all humor aside, your cat probably loves your favorite tie simply because it smells like you.  Combine that with the wonderfully-soft fabric most ties are made of and the light-weight, easy-to-carry aspect, and you have the perfect cat snuggler.  Personally, my cat prefers my socks.  Note, he'll only carry around my socks...not my husband's nor any others.  Once he has a sock, he meows quite loudly, rolls around on it, and holds it between his paws.  He loves me!

Really, the best way to solve this issue is to put your tie in a place where your cat can't find it or can't get to it.  What can I say?  That's the real reason closets have doors!

You can also do a lot to help by making sure your cat stays well-stimulated.  Cats are super smart, and they need a lot to keep their minds active.  Make sure your cat is getting enough exercise (both mentally and physically), and give your cat an alternative toy to smell with (something with catnip is great).

I hope that helps!

If you have a question about any of the pets in your life, feel free to check out my Facebook page, and post away.  I will answer here the questions here and re-post to Facebook.  Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment